When I read about BERSIH demonstration and stuff, I feel bad about myself.
I feel bad that I will never have the chance to join the force for justice. Even if I am in Malaysia I will not dare to attend such events, me being sponsored by the government and all. And I can only hide in this secret blog to extend my feeble support to people who are out there lobbying for a better country.
When I read about the upcoming election, I secretly wish that it will be held when I am back in Malaysia, so that I can vote in it. I don't dare to send my vote through mails overseas, as I have no faith in the confidentiality of my vote.
Damn.
Sometimes I feel that I am enslaved by my scholarship. I am not a free man with free will. I am shackled by my little balls in constant fear.
Damn.
Monday, November 12, 2007
Have You Ever Felt the Same?
at
1:12 AM

4 comments:
"Sometimes I feel that I am enslaved by my scholarship. I am not a free man with free will."
Makes me wonder if you're complaining that you're enslaved by your scholarship, then just terminate it! Simple as that! With your scholarship being terminated, you can then complain as much as you like without even having to feel "shackled by my little balls in constant fear".
I am starting to wonder that people just don't want to stand up for the truth but yet always complain about it all because of the money that is shoved up into their arse. You're one of them too.
If my dad owns a bank, I would have not taken up the scholarship in the first place. Or I would have terminated it at this very second.
But my dad doesn't own a bank.
The thing is, getting a scholarship from the government doesn't mean that I am not entitled to complaining about their bad governance. And in any case, I owe my loyalty / gratitude to the country and its tax payers, not Barisan Nasional.
It's funny how you think that "they shove money up my arse". While it's true technically, it doesn't mean that I don't want to stand up for the truth.
What would you have done if you were me? Terminate your scholarship right there and then?
haha. eh funny la. ppl who own bank are rich meh? money also not theirs also but the account holders nia mar. haha. :P
hmm..i think arh..the scholarship thingy actually not just owing to taxpayers and country.
if dr M din like dare to say things out about the meritocracy stuffs, we wouldnt be lucky lor. and heard now it's really tough to get d ler. so anyhow, we also owe it to the government. hehe. :)
Haha tal, when I say people who own a bank, I mean people who actually own a bank i.e. people who is the major shareholder of the financial corporation, not people like a branch manager. And yeah, I think bank owners are rich. :)
With Dr. M's "saying out about meritocracy stuff", I would like you to consider this analogy:
Ah Beng's teacher is biased and partial. Whenever it comes to referral letter for university, the teacher always writes nice things for his friends' kids; but for people who are not his friends, he is always mean and present all obstacles and make sure that the referral letter would make it harder for them to go to the uni. Needless to say, there are pent-up frustration among the non-friends' kids.
One day the PIBG decided that it's time for the evaluation of the teachers. The teachers are worried that the students would complain about himself. So the teacher decided to be nice.
"Look, from now onwards I am going to write good things in all your referral letters."
And the kids rejoice.
But the thing is, good things in the referral letters are not all the things that mattered in uni education. Although the teacher now started writing some nicer things in the referral letters, he continued to actively mark down non-friends'-kids' school papers, give them bad time in classroom, incite the friends' kids to fight with the non-friends' kids if they make any sound about the teacher's bias, and so on.
And that teacher, is Dr. M.
I am not saying that this teacher is all bad and no good. It's true that the teacher taught the class a lot, brought them up to standard, and taught his students to dream. But the thing is, in my opinion, and in many other's opinion, his policies and his party's actions are bringing the class down to the ditch in the future, and both his friends' kids and his non-friends' kids are going to suffer together. This, despite his other contributions to the development in the students, is bad for the class.
Technically, it's true that without Dr. M's change of mind, the Chinese wouldn't have had the JPA scholarships. But does that mean that the people who got their scholarships now owe their votes and support to Dr. M or Dr. M's party, despite the party's continual trampling of human right, inciting racial issues, blatantly allowing corruptions and improperly managing the people's money?
As an aside, let's say, if a bully manager in my company let me off one month's verbal abuse, should I be grateful to the bully manager and start supporting him? :P
Post a Comment