Jan 08: Updated terms and conditions! Scroll to the bottom for more details.
Welcome to the first post of "My Frank Two Cents". I envision this blog to be a space for my frank opinions and ideas, and it will revolve around Malaysia, Malaysian news, gossips and politics.
You may know me, or you may not, that's fine. Actually it's better if you don't know me, because who I am doesn't really matter here. I am not an interesting person anyway.
If you do know me, then please understand that this blog is written under great apprehension. I am studying in an Australian university under sponsorship of the Malaysian government, so basically they are my lifeline here. The freedom of speech is fucked up in Malaysia, so no matter how objective my posts might be, as long as it's not biased towards the government, there's a chance of myself being labelled unpatriotic, dangerous to the country's peace and development, counter-revolutionary or whatsoever. And basically my contract says that they have the right to terminate the contract at any time for any reason.
So yeah, I have every reason to be afraid to write "sensitive stuff" online. And that's why I want to make sure everything is as anonymous as possible.
Here are the ten terms and conditions for reading this blog:
- You must not know me.
- If you know me, pretend that you do not know me.
- Do not refer to my real name, nicknames, or any of the identifiable information about myself in the comments. Call me "Frank" if you need to.
- As far as possible, please do not link to this blog.
- If you have to link to this blog, do not reveal any information that could potentially lead to the identification of myself. I.e. no hometown, no friends' name, no current location, no girlfriend's name, no IC number, no dog's name, no recent trip location, NOTHING. It's best to refer to this blog as "An anonymous blog".
- You may republish any of the content as long as no identifiable detail is attached.
- You may not reveal my identity to other people even in private setting. If someone else is interested in my identity, get that person to ask myself.
- Under my discretion, I may or may not reveal my identity to the inquirer.
- Under my discretion, I may delete any comment deemed to be of potentially high risk of leading to my identification.
- If you do not agree with the terms and conditions above, actually there's nothing much I can prevent you from doing. But seriously, please don't be an ass. If someone finds out about me, I will just move this blog to other address and inconvenience you and everyone else.
Update: Since this blog is now fully private, the terms and conditions no longer apply! However, I would just ask the readers to kindly avoid any reference to my identity if you were to quote any content. You are free to copy any lines or any point, but just don't mention my name okay? :)

1 comment:
Welcome Mr. Frank! I shall be your loyal reader. I shall honor all terms and conditions specified in your site.
I surely look forward to your articulate, penetrating, and enlightening posts.
Regards,
A concerned Malaysian
Post a Comment