“The Government has been kind and considerate towards the people for the past 50 years. It will continue to do so for as long as the people give their support to the Barisan Nasional,” he [Abdullah Ahmad Badawi] said.
(source: The Star)
Someone quoted this line from his highness, and I can't believe my eyes until I read it in the paper.
Doesn't it go to show the truth? For as long as you support Barisan Nasional, you will be treated nicely; or else, get ready to be slapped labels like "threat to national security" for exercising democratic rights, be charged with attempted murder when you are confronting the unnecessarily violent police, and be arrested in parliamentary precinct for a memorandum against obscene modification of the constitution.
AAB is being honest here. I am surprised that nobody makes much noise about this statement, but his blatant ignorance to the spirit of democracy makes me nauseous. I guess this point has always been implied by all his actions, but now he's putting it all on the table - "YES I am in defiance of democracy, but so what? The people are still going to give me the power I need to do whatever I wish, including stripping them of their democracy rights."
Scary.

5 comments:
I am speechless. :x
Shakes head... This is like "support me or go to hell."
By the way, who would stand out and make noise? Differing his opinion might be seen as "not supporting the National Front" and thus be labeled as a "threat to the national security."
I think he didnt mean it, probably it was just a slip of tongue. He doesnt give good speeches anyway and it doesnt help when he likes to give spontaneous speeches. If you were around during the National Day Countdown then you would know how boring the whole event was especially when the PM gave his speech. If I were him, I would have employed some speech writers if I know that I am incapable of producing a good one.
He gave a speech in LSE and you dont want to know how embarrassing it was.
Yee Pin is right. He doesn't give good speeches. I bet Tunku Abdul Rahman was good. But it's too bad Badawi will inevitably be compared to Mahathir. Oops that's beside the point.
Post a Comment